writing it all down...

Thursday, January 03, 2008

A Bunch of Jumbled Things

Today's Post is A Bunch of Jumbled Things put into one post! Interesting huh!?


1# POEMS
Today I have 2 poems for you good people of the Internet!

INSPIRATION

The lines of paper blank,
Notebooks empty,
every scrap of paper default.

The walls of my room white,
Colors of Life gone.

You smile, my world grows,
trees of ice and grass of cloud,
rivers of green and mountains of red.

The lines of paper full,
notebooks filled,
every scrap of paper used.

Inspiration


FIRST NIGHT

Black Midnight sky painted with clouds of smoke.
Removed is my shyness cloak.
I feel alive and well.
My happiness is like a bell.
Chiming with every smile.
Streamers and noisemakers are in a great pile.
We are settled in a Bus on our way home, though sleep is almost impossible with the excitement!
We will arrive down stairs,
leaping with Joy as the clock read 12:24,
we may never rest!
What we will do with the remaining New Year is the real test.


2# HORSE SLAUGHTER
on a very sad note, here is the link to the video I was talking about in yesterdays post. Be warned this video contains graphic material and if not for the faint of heart.

http://www.hsus.org/video_clips/horse_slaughter_cruelty.html


3#DRAWING DUCKS
Title says it all!

This 2008 I have decided to put my drawing skills to the test and enter The Federal Junior Duck Stamp Art Contest! The title kinda tells all but I'll fill you in anyway. Students k-12 attending public, private or home schools must draw a live portrayal of a native North American duck, swan or goose. The winners get there drawings made into stamps and a cash prize. Seems pretty simple till you see your competition :P ! I'll be drawing a Long-Tailed Duck or OldSquaw. I can't wait to get started on it! I'll keep you updated on the drawings progress!


And finally...

4# WHAT I'M DOING THIS MONTH

Well.... This Saturday I am going to pick out my Mini Roses for 4-H, then on the 14th I have a 4-H meeting and The entire month of January is Job hunting month seeing as I won't be babysitting anymore. I also start back on school the 7th where I'll be doing Math, 3 types of science, History, Writing, Reading and such. I'll hopefully get in some bike riding this month once it's stops being 12- in the day time! Well that's about it. Thanks for reading! COMMENT!

Yours Truly

Charlotte~

TTFN

3 Comments:

Blogger Caitlin said...

That sounds so fun! You are definitely going to be busy this month. Do please send a pic of the duck drawing when you are finished. OH, and remember what you are doing next month...COMING TO STAY WITH US!!! That will be so amazingly awesome!

Love you so much!
Caitlin

12:12 PM

 
Blogger Paige said...

I remember entering the duck stamp competition some years ago. It's great for experience, and a lot of fun to participate in. I loved how you packed so much into that post. Keep up the writing! Can't wait to see you in February!

<3 Paige

12:42 PM

 
Blogger Charlotte said...

I will make sure to post a picture of the duck. :) I CAN'T WAIT TIL FEBRUARY!!!! I plan on doing a very very very long post about it :D

1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home